To bring revolutionary changes to the digital payments system in India, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) was launched Unified Payment Interface(UPI) in August 2016.Most of the banks and other third party vendor already launched their UPI enabled apps which can be used by both customers of the respective banks or an account holder of another bank to transact payment .It allow their user to send and receive money, bill pay directly from their bank account without sharing their bank details from any smartphone. Today UPI is one of the most advanced and hassle free payment method in India.
Many outlet ,cab ,online shopping portal now started to accept UPI based payment system because of its easiness. It almost one year crossed of this system (UPI) launching But many people of our country including young generation unaware about this payment system . In this tutorial we will provide you detailed information about UPI and also explain how it works.
What is UPI?
According to National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI), Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application (of any participating bank), merging several banking features, seamless fund routing & merchant payments into one hood. It also caters to the “Peer to Peer” collect request which can be scheduled and paid as per requirement and convenience.
How to use the App?
- You need a smartphone with internet facility.
- Bank Account details and card details for registration process.
- Mobile number should be linked with bank a/c.
- Download any UPI app from app play store or bank website and install in your phone
- Verify your mobile no (app will send an SMS to verify your mobile no)
- Create your profile with name, email address, and password
- Go to add/ link/manage bank account and select your bank name
- Create a VPA address(VPA means virtual payment address by which you can send or receive money without sharing your bank information) at your choice or select suggested VPA address
- Set UPI pin or MPIN using your debit/ ATM card details( put your last 6 digit card no and expiry date and proceed .then you will receive an OTP, it will auto-confirm the OTP and now set up your 4 or 6 digit MPIN)Now you are all set for your first Transaction through UPI.
Send money through UPI:
- Open your UPI app and login with password
- Select pay/send money option
- Enter beneficiary’s / Payee virtual id (VPA), amount , write remarks for transaction and proceed
- You will get confirmation screen to review the payment details and clicks on Confirm
- Now enter MPIN
- Get ‘successful’ or ‘failure’ message
You can also send money using payee account no and IFSC details
Request money through UPI:
- Log on to your UPI app
- After successful login, select the option of request money
- Enter payers VPA address, amount , date of payment and confirm
- Payers will get a notification in his UPI applicatio
Benefits of UPI:
- You can access all your bank accounts in one single application.
- Unlike NEFT and RTGS, the UPI system transfers money immediately. It works 24 x7 .Bank holiday/ bank strike day will not affect the UPI payments
- It is more secure payment method than NEFT and RTGS . You can send /receive money through VPA (Virtual Payment Address). No need to share your bank details.
- Scan N Pay (QR based payment solution) to receive and send money
- Check balance of all your linked bank accounts from this app.
Hi, I am Sadat Hossain ,Founder and Author of the tech2query.com from Kolkata, india. I have completed my graduation in Engineering from Techno India, Saltlake. I am Passionate about Blogging. I love to write based on topics related to Technology, Gadgets, WordPress, and Blogging . (Lover of Cricket, Movie and Tour)